Sunday, April 15, 2012

Ruts...

So I really fall into the habit of ruts...whether it be reading my bible, working out, or listening to music. Some may call it routine, but if it is not beneficial for you then I feel it is a rut. The last few weeks my students have really been introducing me to some new music through Spotify. Each day while we do a quick round of stretches in class, I will play some music to kind of set the mood and give the kids some culture. Sometimes it will be classical, sometimes choral, sometimes pop, sometimes punk, and so on and so forth. Well yesterday one of my seniors asked me if I had heard the guitar version of Africa by "Toto". He then continued to pull it up on youtube to show me.

To be completely honest, I wasn't really amazed at it, but I only watched about 15 seconds before clicking on another video of the same guy. As I watched what he was doing with his guitar and how natural it seemed, I thought about the amount of time and dedication that it would have taken to get to where he was. Below is the 2nd video I watched of Andy Mckee. I hope you enjoy, and feel free to send me music suggestions ANYTIME!


No comments:

Post a Comment