Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Breaking the 561 day silence...

pardon the dorky picture, Danielle thought it would be funny!

I know...impressive. For those who know me, you are amazed at the fact that I was silent for 561 days. Technically, I went 561 day without sharing any thoughts in writing. More importantly, those who know me that THAT is not that surprising. So why break the silence?

There are a couple reasons I've decided to take another stab at this blogging thing:
1) I have some students who would like to stay up-to-date with my experiences when I leave Ogallala
2) I don't like to start something and not continue it. I feel like I have let myself down by NOT continuing with my blog.
3) Although I typically don't have anything important to say, I think it is important for me to put my thoughts on "paper" because I have a HORRIBLE memory.
4) I am motivated with the dedication Danielle has to blogging, and have seen first hand how helpful blogging can be to better break apart situations!

So small confession about number 1 above...I actually have ONE student who wants to keep in touch. Now Micah will learn that I blog more about what I read and what I think about aspects of my career, and less about my life. Danielle does a great job of keeping people informed with things going on in our life. I know Micah will appreciate my in depth response to my reading, as he has blogged about his desire to read more in depth into literature.

So welcome back. Enjoy the ride. Take some time and humor me by responding to posts. Share stories that connect with posts. Encourage me and force me to continue blogging. If you notice I have gone dormant, bug me until I post again. I hope that this will be a great way for me to journal my journey as Danielle and I move from this stage of our life to our new adventure of moving to Omaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment