Monday, August 11, 2014

Cannondale CAAD 10

So it has been 4 days since I made a purchase on the new road bike. Since purchasing the bike, I have been out EVERY day! Saturday I gave it an inaugural spin with a colleague of mine, and we took it out for a little over 22 miles. It was a blast! It felt comfortable, and was so much more efficient than the bike ride.
I was on a riders high, so naturally I wanted to go out on Sunday and hit 25 miles. Unfortunately, mother nature wasn't too keen on that idea. I was so motivated I woke up early to hit the road before church, but after getting in about 5 miles, we started to pick up some rain. Nick was wearing glasses and claims he "couldn't see." So although I only logged 12 miles Sunday, my intentions were there :)
Today I decided I wanted to see what would happen if I pushed myself. I didn't want to ride more than an hour, because my legs and rear were pretty sore from the past 2 days. I couldn't have asked for better weather...or so I thought. For the first half of the ride, I was trucking along and was clocking in at around 18.3 mph. Then I hit the turn around at 7.5 miles. I swear, the wind was NOT there for the first half of the ride. When all was said and done, I finished with an average speed of 15.8 mph. Although it was a bit disappointed to see 18 half of the time, it was definitely a PR for speed.
I'm excited to get out on the roads on a nice calm day and check to see where my endurance is at! We are still working the fundraising project, and are sitting at $800, with a goal of $2000. The project started EXTREMELY strong and now has slowed down. I knew this would happen, but am now brainstorming ideas on how to increase traffic and interest. Please ask me about the journey, training, etc. It helps me stay active and also refine my focus on a healthy future. Thanks a bunch and have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment