Monday, January 12, 2015

A LOT happens in 5 months!

So it has been 5 months and 1 day since my last blog post. My last blog post was August 11th, and we started school on August 13th...so you can assume where my time has been going. Anyway, I thought I would take a quick chance to catch everybody up on life. In just 5 months you would be amazed at how much has happened.

We can start with the most significant change....we welcomed our foster daughter into our house in October. This transition was MUCH faster than when John moved in. We had about 4 weeks from meeting K to her moving in permanently. It has been a GREAT experience, and we will have the opportunity to adopt K after April 10th.

On a health note, many of you know I am currently fundraising to help offset the cost of participating in BRAN this summer. I'm sitting at a little under 50% funding, but am patient and thankful for the donations that have come in thus far. When I started school, I was weighing in right around 255 lbs. This was quite devastating. This is about what I weighed when Danielle and I got married...a place I'm not proud to be. Since starting school, I have actually found a WONDERFUL place to stay consistent and find some weight loss. In October, I also started working out at Farrell's Extreme Bodyshaping. Thanks to a colleague at Burke, I decided to sign up and it is fantastic. The program is very supportive, and has a LARGE focus on appropriate nutrition. When I finished my initial 10 week program, I weighed in at 236 lbs. This is a great start to finding a better me. A better father, husband, brother, son, and teacher.

Professionally, things are going GREAT! The choral program is blossoming, and the kids are really buying into my philosophy and my desire on where I want the program to be. The show choir competed in the Peru State Show Choir festival in October and received awards for "Best Show Design" and took 1st Place Overall. It is a great group of kids. The Concert Choir was also invited this year to participate in both the "Nebraska Sings" program and participate in a choral collaborative focused on literature written by Ola Gjeilo. The bonus is that Ola will be AT the concert and working with the kids!

We are now hitting musical season, which is the time of the semester that is REALLY stressful and time consuming. That being said, I have made a commitment to NOT let the musical stress my life out, but let it be an activity I work with that I get to enjoy. It has been nothing but a pleasure so far. We open the show February 26th and the cast and crew of Once On This Island will be FANTASTIC!

Due to the addition of another young one in our family, the stresses of work, and my busy schedule, Danielle decided to resign from her position at Burke. It was a tough choice but we feel God led us to this decision. It is what is best for everybody. Not only will the family get more Danielle time, but it opens up our mornings a little bit...which means I can maintain my commitment to Farrell's and getting healthy.

So what about my health...what are my goals? I still have the goal of riding at BRAN! Since Danielle is able to get the kids ready in the morning, it gives me the opportunity to work out every morning at 5 AM. It makes for some long days when I have rehearsal until 6 PM, but it is so worth it. I will continue Farrell's on a consistent basis, even when the musical is over. I love the program so much I can't see ANY reason to leave it. Since my brother is now engaged (yeah Scott), I have another goal set forth. Scott's wedding is 36 weeks away, and I have 36 lbs to lose to be at 200 lbs. My goal is to be able to celebrate with my brother and family on September 12th being under 200 lbs.

If you have any interest in donating to my GoFundMe account...it is not to late. I would appreciate ANY and ALL help with this endeavor...whether that be financial or prayers. Life is great and I'm excited to see what 2015 has to offer. Thanks a bunch and have a GREAT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment