Saturday, July 17, 2010

Attempt At Intellect

So here I sit, hesitantly diving into the realms of blogging. My wife has been blogging for quite some time now, as has my sister...and I have felt the pressure to take a stab at this whole blogging thing myself. For those of you who know me, I'm not eloquent with words. Most of the time, I don't have anything of importance to say, and I would prefer to make some snide or sarcastic remark to participate in a conversation. So why the change of heart?

PEER PRESSURE! kind of. My wife always talks about how much it helps her to put her thought into words. I also had the opportunity to complete my second summer of Master's Classes and really enjoyed learning! Don't get me wrong, I missed my summer...but being surrounded by scholarly individuals who have a passion for learning and music really inspired me to grow personally & professionally. Also, for those of you who DON'T know me, I have a horrible memory. I hope by synthesizing my thoughts it will help me to submit more information to memory.

So what do I post on? Should I post on the day in the life of Helzer? Do I post my thoughts on politics & religion? Do I post the most random information I can possibly think of? Or do I just strive to post, not letting this idea vanish within a week of conception?

I'm going to begin my first posting series on Leadership. This summer I decided to do some more reading into leadership, hoping to grow my leadership abilities & my ability to lead my students to productive leadership. I will be keeping you up-to-date with my current reading and thoughts. I encourage any followers (I can't help but laugh at the thought of somebody following my blog) to post questions, comments, or arguments that will force me to think even more! The first book that I bought concerning leadership is by John C. Maxwell. It is actually a piece of literature containing two books, "Becoming an person of Influence" & Talent is Never Enough."

Please enjoy the readings and I hope you can find something of worth in it...whether it be a great idea or HORRIBLE grammar!

No comments:

Post a Comment