Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer Plans

So today Danielle and I had the pleasure to travel 5 hours down interstate 80 to arrive in our new hometown...Omaha! It has been quite the journey leading up to our move, and there are mixed emotions with the new challenges and experiences that are soon to come our way.

So you may all be wondering WHY we are leaving Ogallala so soon. No, it is not because we are anxious to get out of there. It is quite the opposite, as it was very tough to leave today.  The reason we have moved up so quickly is because we are both finishing our Masters degrees this summer, and session starts on Monday, June 4th. We couldn't wait and move until this weekend because I have an NCDA Board Meeting on Saturday in Kearney. So here is what my summer looks like (and for those of you who think teachers get summers off, think again)

6/2/12: NCDA Board Meeting
6/4-7/6: Summer classes at UNL
7/7: NMEA Young Leadership Workshop at Doane College
7/8-7/11: NCDA Summer Conference
8/7-8/9: New Teacher Institute at OPS
8/10 & 8/13: New Teacher Workshops at OPS
8/14-8/17: Teacher Inservice
8/20: Students Begin School

So according to my schedule, I have a 3 1/2 week window of opportunity to enjoy my summer, hopefully be moving into a house, and quickly preparing for a new school year in a new building. Although it seems like my summer is jam packed, I am excited. All I know is that next summer, I am forcing myself to take the summer "off" and relax, spend time with my wife and NOT worry about summer classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment