Saturday, August 7, 2010

Camp Conclusion

So our time here in Garcyn has come to an end. Last night we had our last meet and had a huge banquet. It was a pirate theme and many people dressed up. Some of the high school guys from my group built a giant boat out of cardboard to enter the meeting place. It was great seeing them work together. After dinner was over, we met back in the "sing" room to continue worship, and campers had the opportunity to share their testimony or talk about the camp. It was the most touching experience ever. There were non-believers who had decided to commit themselves to a intimate relationship with Christ. Many of the polish spoke about how the American testimonies were eye opening and spiritually saturated in truth. Conner's testimony touched the lives of many, and God blessed my testimony to help a lady come to faith in Christ.

The night of my testimony, a lady came up to one of the pastors and let him know that her father was dying, and asked what she should do. She told him that my testimony really got her thinking about what decision she needed to make. She was torn, because she wanted to be with her earthly family but she was enjoying camp and getting to know her eternal family. Pastor reassured her that it was okay to go be with her dad before he past away, so she did that. But before she left, she asked the pastor to pray for her. She had decided to turn her life to the love of Christ, and wanted to follow HIM! That is just one example of wonderful stories that were shared. God TRULY works through this camp with bringing people closer to Christ!

After that we had the opportunity to award our English class with their class certificates and just mingle and socialize. Lots of pictures were taken and I'm VERY excited to look at them. The Chojnice church photographs, takes videos, and records audio of a lot of the camp...and they spent ALL last night burning DVD's for all of the campers!

These polish friends also know how to make somebody feel welcomed. My bible study group bought me a gift, my English class gave me a gift, and the entire camp gave each American a gift. It's funny, because they come up to us and thank us for coming out and helping them grow in their faith...but they have NO IDEA what I have gained from this camp. Simply typing this brings tears to my eyes and a joy to my heart...at how awesome God is.

I'm up early today because one of my group members is leaving before breakfast to fly back to the U.K. His family is friends with one of the pastors, and this was his first camp. Will is a wonderful young man and it has been great getting to know him. What I appreciate about Will is that he didn't accept the Lord this week because of the emotions that were in the air. He is mature enough to know when he truly believes. My prayer is that he finds the answers he needs through the bible and prayer! He is one of the most polite high schooler I've met, and he represents his country well!

As you can tell, I could type all day. There are so many experiences and emotions I want to share. Going back to the states is truly going to be hard. I was talking with Justin (youth pastor from Washington) last night about how you can't explain what goes on here. I want so bad to people to understand what this trip means to me, but I can't. Words fail to wrap up the emotions and experiences I have had. Coming to Poland, this was going to be my opportunity to experience short-term overseas missions. I figured Danielle and I would come out here and have a good time, and then check that experience off the list. I truly feel God has a different plan than that. Like many other Americans that came this year, part of my heart has latched on to Poland and the people. I pray God will continue to lead me back here year after year. It is my responsibility to serve him, and this camp does just that. I encourage others to experience this. Whether it is coming with to Poland, or another trip. Americans often think missions trips are for the benefit of the people you are visiting, but I now know God teaches even the missionaries. Praise God for all of his wonderful blessings! We have no idea what heaven is going to be like, but know it is a glorious place! The only way to explain worshipping in Poland with these wonderful people is that it feels like a taste of heaven...and that is exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment